On Wednesday, April 22, representatives of the sports ministry, football federation and league leadership will vote for a phased return to the season.
The Italian Football Federation, led by its president, Gabriele Gravina, and its medical commission, together with specially invited experts in epidemiology, have developed a step-by-step protocol submitted to the Minister of Sport, Vincenzo Spadafor, according to which a football revival should be held, which) on Wednesday, April 22, will be voted in a video conference by representatives of all leagues of Italy – Campionando.it reports.
The protocol has 8 points:
1. All training bases and places where teams will work will be thoroughly disinfected.
2. All players, coaches and support staff on May 4 are tested for coronavirus.
3. Players are divided into three groups to take physical fitness tests.
4. Players, coaches and support staff live in isolation on the base. In case of their absence (absence on the training bases of the places provided for permanent residence) – in the places, pre-determined for this purpose and passed disinfection.
5. Workouts start with individual or small group sessions with the required distances.
6. Transition to regular training in a group.
7. Players, coaches and service personnel are tested every 72-96 hours (with time – once every two or two weeks) and isolated in case of a positive test. The temperature is measured daily.
8. The protocol of transition from training to matches will be developed later.